The story of UZMAR commences in 1973 with the founding of “The First Private Authorised Pilotage and Towage Company” by Senior Captain Altay Altuğ (Maritime College, 1952), to provide services to private sector ports and harbours in the Aegean Sea.
In 1996, UZMAR began building its own tugboats to expand its fleet by achieving the highest construction quality with the potential to export them promptly. As of 2007, UZMAR has been executing the modular serial production method to manufacture the state of the art vessels at its new shipyard in Kocaeli Free Zone. Since the very first day of its establishment, UZMAR has been following and practicing the traditions and the values of maritime heritage.
Today, UZMAR annually conducts more than 14.000 successful ship maneuvers at Nemrut Bay / Aliağa and Akçansa Cement Plant Harbour / Çanakkale while building and exporting a wide range of different types of vessels to more than 22 countries in 6 continents.